Saturday 15 May 2010

Cool (ish) Dude

I enjoy walking through town early in the morning me.
There's the busy bussiness man - probably knocking off his receptionist, suited ladies in trainers with heels in a carrier bag - with good handles obviously. Old ladies with trollies getting their big shop before it gets all busy and their in danger of getting knocked over or mugged by scallies yet to wake. Tramps swigging super strength lager or supping the clear cider variety, and the wierdos who must all wake up at the same time due to some in built wierdo chip inserted at birth.

There's this one dude i pass most mornings if I'm lucky. A pretty old fella who wears some really cool vinatge threads. Proper smart. Cords, vintage trainers, anorak - dead working the retro look.

Everytime i see him i think 'go on fella'.

Then i realise that, on closer inspection ( I don't stop him in the street or anything, but he's walking slowly enough for me to have a good gander), that they are most probably his old clothes and he's a not right.

It's a sad tale, and it gets me everytime.

His kids are gonna get quite a wardrobe though, when he pops his clogs.

Currently listening to:

No comments: