Sunday 15 April 2007

...welcome to the future...a very lazy place...

Sunday October 22nd 2006
I can't find the remote control for the TV.

Ok, I can find the remote, but not the right one. The digital one has gone walkies. The TVs just a 'stand-up and reach' away. JUST a 'stand-up and reach away' why, that means putting the laptop on the couch, bending my legs and flicking the buttons.

But what if i choose the wrong channel? what if '1000 Best Comedy Moments Whilst Mounting a Donkey' doesn't present the content i was wishing upon.What if its just finished? I may be missing 'The One Where A Group of Middle Ages Mates Happen Upon a Funny Scenerio, and The Storyline Takes an Unexpected Turn, Where You and All Your Mates Expected It Would Go, But Secretly Love American Sitcom Shit' episode of Friends.

So I've been sat here for an hour watching a group of disables cross a desert. It all started a bit wierd with...

-"Introducing Sandra- she has one leg, Ruby's Paralysed, Steve's in a wheelchair, Amys a midget and Peters got Tourettes."

I don't what I think of all this. A challenge or a fucking cruel narrative aimed at a diserning, de-sensitized audience who crave for nothing short of Live Rape or OAP Slaying...

"Rubys complaining because Amys hitching a ride on her lap... "

hmm seemingly pointless expedition or an example of sheer human determination? the latter i imagine..

I can't even stand up to turn the fucking TV over

No comments: